Thursday, June 09, 2011

SummerSchool: Make-N-Create

Summer arrived in Jersey this year before the calendar was ready, prompting some thoughts these past few days about how I've spent time from June through Labor Day Weekend in times past.

Yes, I spent close to 20% of those summers marching, or doing things related to marching.  Earlier this year, part of me was even thinking about heading down that road (or field) again, but real life got in the way.

Another favorite?  Those summer reading lists in grammar and high school.  Talk about giving a book junkie an excuse!

By far, though, one of the activities I've missed the most in recent times is the Arts and Crafts Day we had at least once a week at Woodland Park in Fords.  From potholders to stained glass, I couldn't get enough!

Time to get back there - my goal is to spend time each day from now through September 9th doing something creative.

Have some fun with me!

No comments: