Wednesday, January 07, 2009

On Getting Back to My Creative Side

During Sunday's RCIA session (Feast of the Epiphany), we were asked to answer an intriguing question during sponsor-candidate/catechumen discussion time: what gift will you offer to God?

For once, the topic gave me pause.

What gift, indeed?

I'm the first to admit I've been blessed with many gifts, talents, skills, abilities, and that I truly believe they're all from a divine origin. How do I narrow down to just one?

With a pause and some prayer, I decided on creativity.

Yesterday, I started taking some action to get back to my creative side. My office is loaded with too much stuff, providing too many distractions. A sterile environment is not what I seek, but rather a space where I have room to fashion, to write, to construct, to run the gamut from idea to fruition.

I've been out of balance for awhile, and this is one small step back there.

No comments: