Friday, January 30, 2009

On my learning mania

I should track this pattern in my life to see if there is, indeed, a pattern.

It's all about my need to rapidly fill my brain with new stuff. Sometimes, there's a theme. Most times, though, it's just about something that crosses my path that hints at fertilizing something long dormant.

This is one of those times.

The best I can describe it is to encounter a cornucopia overladen with things you've never seen before, but have a crazed need to explore. You keep digging and pouring and sorting, never knowing what's sequestered in the very core.

Each new book transforms. Music falls upon virgin ears, creating yet another life-long love affair.

My gratitude to those who are part of my inspiration food chain is boundless ... authors, musicians, printers, manufacturers, transporters, brick-and-mortar and e-commerce providers, libraries: be assured that your efforts have merit and impact.

No comments: